Due to tremendous organizational growth, OCuSoft, Inc.'s warehouse distribution system was no longer able to meet the needs of current customers. Learn how they addressed this challenge using SAP Business One and web applications, transforming their business with a complete overhaul of their processes.
Problem Meets Solution
- Thomas Mason, VP of Corporate Strategy, OCuSOFT, Inc.
- George Haines, VP of Supply Chain Operations, OCuSOFT, Inc.
A warehouse distribution system which, due to tremendous organizational growth, was no longer able to meet the needs of current customers because of a heavy reliance on manual processes.
Strategy for Improvement:
A complete overhaul of current processes with an emphasis on creating a system based on SAP Business One and running on web apps, which would eliminate specialists and increase productivity through distributive workflows.
A reduction in order processing time which created the ability to process more than 10x the number of orders in an 8-hour workday. Increased order accuracy percentage to 99.8%.
Topics & Timestamps
- About OCuSoft
- Executive summary (8:55)
- Outline of previous logistics process (11:30)
- Key Issue Identification (16:50)
- Strategy for improvement (18:25)
- Find/develop a warehouse management system that would provide visibility into all of the steps involved in the order processing system (Printing, Pulling, Packing)
- Eliminate specialist positions and distribute work evenly in order to minimize the impact of an employee absence on productivity
- Develop and implement an order inspection process which could be used to measure order accuracy
- Implement employee coaching system to solicit employee feedback and facilitate employee engagement
- Utilize public performance dashboards to increase productivity and drive continuous process improvement
- Develop a bonus plan which rewards employee performance based on Key Performance Indicators and productivity improvements
- Outcomes (42:00)
- More efficient order processing
- Improved order accuracy
- New business opportunities
- Employee engagement
- Dashboards (47:45)