The California State Water Project (SWP) is a water storage and delivery system of reservoirs, aqueducts, power plants, and pumping plants extending more than 700 miles—two-thirds the length of California.
Planned, constructed, and operated by the CDWR, the SWP is the nation’s largest state-built, multi-purpose, user-financed water project. It supplies water to more than 27 million people and was designed to deliver nearly 4.2 million acre-feet of water per year.
To support this project, CDWR aimed to implement digital technologies to increase efficiency and improve safety for its 1,000 field-based maintenance workers. It implemented both SAP Asset Manager and Mirata Digital forms to improve data quality and gain efficiency in the field, eliminating the need to print, scan, or store paper documents. Bringing these two enterprise products together allowed CDWR to digitize its work orders and associated forms so checklists and PMPs are completed more efficiently, all while reducing downtime. Improved safety was achieved through the implementation of SAP Work Clearance Management. Future plans include leveraging the digital forms platform to support building inspections as part of an overall facility improvement initiative increasing support for GPS/ESRI for field-based resources.
Please come prepared to unmute your microphone to ask questions.
This session occurs on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m. ET/2 p.m. CT, and will provide you with:
- Insights based on clean, correct data to support asset management and dam safety initiatives
- Ways to eliminate overhead costs and process delays to improve first-time resolution rates while achieving higher levels of workforce safety and business production
- Capture of inspection/maintenance work-list data through digital forms, eliminating double entry of information and providing access to data electronically for reporting
- Access to equipment history and related documents
Our objectives for you as a Think Tank attendee:
- Come to the Think Tank ready to share your story, challenges, and/or questions. You can email your thoughts by contacting email@example.com before the call.
- Participate live during the event by unmuting your mic, turning on your video, or sharing in the Zoom chat feature.
- Understand the challenges and successes other SAP customers are experiencing.
- Acquire new ideas for real-world solutions.
- Make a lasting new industry connection.
If you are experiencing challenges and would like to lead your own case study, fill out the survey here.