In partnership with Hitachi, this ASUG webcast will deliver insights designed to support your work with SAP technology.
We aim to demystify and shed some light on how you can get more from your migration to SAP S/4HANA in the cloud.There are three key topics to think about as you implement and manage your transition to an SAP S/4HANA cloud environment (multi-cloud/hybrid) so your enterprise is more agile and responsive to market needs.
1. Picture Your Ideal State and Then Navigate Back to Overcome Challenges
- Whether you are planning to transition entirely to the cloud—or take a hybrid approach and leverage existing or new on-premises infrastructure for some applications while moving others to the cloud—you need a robust plan.
- Keep any challenges or concerns such as cost, performance, security, privacy, compliance, and data resiliency in mind as you devise a plan and architectural design around your portfolio.
2. Re-examine Talent and Resources that Facilitate Your Transition Plan
- Moving to SAP S/4HANA in a hyperscale cloud environment requires application experience, user experience, and environmental expertise.
- Build a team or choose a partner that specializes in selectivity. (People who know the ins and outs of what an SAPS/4HANA cloud migration entails; what to leave behind to ensure greater accuracy, fewer errors, or omissions;and how to achieve business value in the new environment.)
3. Build Once, Deploy Anywhere,and Manage Consistently
- Moving from an on-premises environment to the cloud means forfeiting existing investments. However, the move delivers more significant benefits such as innovation and competitive advantages.
- Therefore, the organization needs to take a step back and think holistically to boost resiliency and performance.
- Kimberley Reid, VP, Digital Enterprise, SAP Solutions, Hitachi Vantara
- Matt Montgomery, Director, U.S.SAP Practice, Hitachi Vantara