For the past few years, we have seen SAP customers in the oil, gas, and energy industry work to standardize their ERP systems in their efforts to simplify, automate, focus on business differentiators, and eventually move to the cloud.
2021 is a challenging time for those in the industry. As a result of COVID-19 and increased demand, higher costs for organizations, and a need to keep costs low for customers, optimization of systems through digital transformation is required. More organizations are making strategic, data-driven decisions using state-of-the-art data/analytics tools and are incorporating AI, ML, Internet of Things (IoT), and automation to digitize systems.
We asked professionals who work in the oil, gas, and energy industry to tell us what they see as the most significant trends and pressures they’re facing in their field this year. We’ll discuss what we heard about where they need the most support, what products they’re most interested in, and what drives their satisfaction.
- Why data management is a critical factor affecting daily work
- Key challenges when moving to the cloud
- A major trend and also a pressure holding industry professionals back
- Carolyn Szczurek, Research Manager, ASUG
- Monika Mangla, Global Finance Digital Strategy and Transformation, Chevron