Companies are faced with the question of how to undergo a digital transformation, move to a new ERP system like SAP S/4HANA, or adopt emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence or robotic process automation and still keep the lights on. The ASUG Annual Conference next month answers that question.
“ASUG provides strategies for the future and solutions for the present,” notes former ASUG Volunteer, Joe Larocque.
SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference will kick off in Orlando, Florida on May 7, with ASUG Pre-Conference Seminars held a day earlier on May 6. This is the world’s largest SAP user conference, with two conferences available for the price of one.
The ASUG Touch
ASUG’s focus will be on helping you find solutions to your business challenges. You can learn from your peers about moving to the cloud, about hybrid solutions, and so much more.
Here are some reasons you should consider attending:
- Jump start your event with an ASUG Pre-Conference Seminar on Monday, May 6. Consider attending Hands-On with SAP Analytics Cloud: Professionally Designed Dashboards and Self-Service Business Intelligence. This is a great opportunity to extend your network and connect with peers who will be sharing their inside expertise and best practices for solving problems.
- Learn about ASUG’s Communities. ASUG aims to network, educate, and influence as it’s dedicated to the advancement, understanding, and effective use of SAP products. Take advantage of the year-round education opportunities and learn more during the ASUG keynote.
- Explore the full array of SAP solutions in one location. Visit the exhibition floor for demos, expert question and answer discussions, and to meet our partners.
- Network with your peers. Be sure to bring your business cards because there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange them with others. When exchanging business cards, write one sentence on the back of the card of the person you just met, so you’ll remember the context where you met when you go back home.
- Influence SAP in person. Several ASUG Influence Councils will be meeting in the ASUG Hub. Last year an SAP development request was created the same day as a result of an ASUG Influence Council session.
Hear it From Your Peers
There are more than 500 ASUG sessions to choose from, and more than half are based on customer stories. Below are some of my top picks. Do yourself a favor and skim through the agenda to find ones that will answer your questions and curiosities.
- The San Francisco 49ers discuss Acting on Real-Time Data to Impact Game-Day Performance at Levi's Stadium with their Executive Huddle solution. Learn how they used SAP Leonardo to visualize fan experiences.
- Hear about the State of Arkansas' Journey to Reduce Recidivism Using SAP HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud. The State used SAP to help control the prison population by applying design thinking, machine learning, and dashboards to reduce one of the fastest-growing prison populations in the world and will share lessons learned with attendees.
- See how Service Canada measures customer satisfaction with mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Plan on attending If You’re Happy and We Know It: Measuring Citizen Satisfaction with SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Hear from L3 Technologies about its Global Executives: Innovating in Mobile-First, Military-Grade Analytics including its award winning co-innovation with SAP.
- Learn from Eli Lilly about successes and failures in implementing an analytics and reporting platform based on SAP HANA. Plan to attend SAP HANA as an Analytics and Reporting Platform.
- Hear how Old World Industries Delivers Agile Information Platform with SAP BW/4HANA. The company has already adopted SAP S/4HANA. Now see what insights it is gaining from SAP BW/4HANA.
I asked fellow ASUG Volunteer Derek Loranca why someone should go to the ASUG Annual Conference. He responded, “Because ASUG Annual Conference gives attendees a selection of SAP analytics content leaving no BI content behind. The venue and schedule give attendees the opportunity to make the most of their conference investment with a great blend of sessions and networking opportunities.”
Don’t wait too long, register now for SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference and start building your agenda. Additionally, we welcome all ASUG members to submit their ideas for blog posts they want to write.