Think Tanks connect you with peers navigating the same challenges and opportunities as you. ASUG will facilitate an interactive peer-to-peer exchange where solutions are shared for topics specific to your role and interest.
This GTS Think Tank Session will dive in depth into GTS classification. We will discuss the best practices involved within the process as well as customer solutions to some of the issues. Attendees should attend prepared to discuss their classification issues.
The format for Tuesday, Jan. 12 at 1:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. CT will include:
- A brief welcome and introduction from ASUG
- Hot-topic discussion led by ASUG member Tracy Somora from Arthrex
- The discussion will focus on:
- Current issues you have with GTS classification
- Issues with content providers
- How number sets can be used to ease the classification process
Gain visibility into the challenges and successes other SAP customers are experiencing, and acquire new ideas for real-world solutions.
If you are experiencing challenges and would like to lead your own case study, fill out the survey here.
Think Tank Insights:
- You are only as good as your master data, ensure that this is a focal point. It becomes a larger product to try and go back and clean up your master data vs. taking care of it on the front end.
- Master Data is not only a challenge for product classification but across the board. Some clients are more mature than others, but the power of AI comes in with algorithms and alternate algorithms when attacking MDG issues.
- Are you looking at more of an automated means to conduct classification?
- 83% yes
- 17% no
- Are you classifying at the end item level, or going down to the components?
- End level item 57%
- Going down to components 43%
- How much time and effort is generally spent on classification?
- Multiple individuals noted they have a full time position focusing on this.