Think Tanks connect you with peers navigating the same challenges and opportunities as you. ASUG will facilitate an interactive peer-to-peer exchange where solutions are shared for topics specific to your role and interest.
Do you know that developing a custom Fiori app can breathe new life into your users’ experience by giving them a new, modern user interface (UI)?
Has your organization embraced the use of SAP Fiori Apps, either off the shelf from SAP or custom developed?
How does Fiori fit into your long-term UX road map?
The format for Monday, Aug. 10 at 12 p.m. CT will include:
Brief welcome and kickoff from ASUG
Rapid case study led by ASUG member Jason Sprunk and Liz Simpson from Rockwell Automation
The discussion will focus on:
Rockwell Automation’s five-plus-year journey with using SAP Fiori to drive value and improve UX
The organization’s current migration experiences to HTML5
Hearing from attendees on their experiences with Fiori
Sharing of recent wins or successes, along with resources utilized
Gain visibility into the challenges and successes other SAP customers are experiencing, and acquire new ideas for real-world solutions.
If you are experiencing challenges and would like to lead your own case study, fill out the survey here.
Think Tank Insights:
- More modern look/feel with a flexible layout
- Not tethered to SAP release cycle
- Helps to create flexible Fiori fron end changes
- Doesn't always follow ABAP backend cycle
- Created a subscription process
- Users can self-subscribe to learn of changes
- Ability to add componenet and update the look and feel of teh platform
- HTML5 - Modern platform
- Different look/feel of the screen
- New users' interface
- Enable integration with live chat feature
- HTML5 - Modern platform
What do we do next? (S/4 HAHA? Could?....)
- Having this kind of UI, it doesn't matter what direction the organization goes
- This UI allows you to add as you need and your users' experience doesn't have to change overnight
How do we maximize the investment in ECC now but reduce the amount of network when moving to S/4?
- Fiori platform allows to plug in capabilities no matter where they exist, even in cloud
- Much is reusable in S/4 world
Think Tank Links:
Here is a link to access the recording https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2448790/00F925D21BE33FD7C78C399327496336
Value maps. Digital Innovation Value Map addresses Fiori. http://support.sap.com/valuemaps
Here is the guide blog post from the RIG team https://blogs.sap.com/2019/12/13/sap-fiori-for-sap-s-4hana-leading-practices-for-home-page-design/