This webcast will take a deep dive into machine learning use cases that are altering decade-old, entrenched business practices. Join David Baron, an expert in organizational strategy and performance management, as he explains how Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) introduced machine learning in its collections departments to determine which customers are accustomed to pay while predicting which customer accounts are most likely to be written off as bad debt.
You will also learn how SoCalGas uses advanced meters to build load profiles, usage patterns with autoregressive models, and deep learning networks through machine learning approaches.
The rise of machine learning is changing business practices, raising customer expectations, and improving business results. Explore how you can be part of the changes that are affecting both internal and external customer expectation.
- Understand how machine learning fits into organizational culture.
- Learn progressive use cases that take advantage of machine learning approaches.
- Gain insights into future machine learning applications.
This webcast features a top-rated speaker from the 2018 SAP for Utilities conference. Hear more on SAP solutions for the utilities industry at the 2019 event taking place on Oct. 21–23 in San Diego.
- 1:30 – Speaker introduction
- 2:25 – Key outcomes and presentation objectives
- 3:25 – What is machine learning?
- 5:00 – A brief history of machine learning
- 11:20 – Machine learning today
- 13:05 – Machine learning potential utilization by industry
- 14:45 – The motivation for machine learning at SoCalGas
- 18:05 – Introducing machine learning to SoCalGas
- 20:15 – Current machine learning work at SoCalGas
- 31:05 – On the machine learning roadmap
- 36:30 – Q&A
- David Baron, Performance Maangement and Organization Strategy, SoCalGas