Join SAP Business One customer, Design Resources Inc., as they share their reporting story and lessons learned. This session is a follow up to their presentation at the 2017 Biz.ONE Conference.
Across our five separate businesses each with its own SAP database, we have hundreds of reporting requests. We will highlight our learnings from using basic queries to Crystal reports to leveraging SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). For organizations using SQL Server already, SSRS is already installed and available to every customer.
Basic SAP Queries
- We help maintain over 3500 queries between our 5 SAP databases
- Showing how to querying the queries – Query Lookup and Text Lookup
- Rolling out our “NOLOCK” standard
- Utilizing query update tracking
Crystal Reports in CMC
- We have over 150 scheduled reports in the Central Management Console (CMC)
- Leveraging the APOS tools to find schedules and edit CMC schedules in bulk
- Shifting from “Crystal GUI Linking” to command based we saw a 100% improvement in speed
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Showcase challenges encountered when migrating reports from Crystal to SSRS
- Highlighting speed advantages – our main dashboard report now runs in seconds vs.minutes
- Simplify hundreds of sub reports to just a few key queries
- Easier report editing, since it’s centered around the subquery.
- Straightforward scheduling by levering SSRS data-driven subscriptions.
- Enhancing web-based reports with hyperlinks to dynamically show detail
Joe Leimer, Technology Director, Design Resources, Inc.