In this Think Tank, small and midsize SAP customers planning or converting to SAP S/4HANA are welcome to join the discussion regarding their questions about the planning capabilities to use with SAP S/4HANA. While SAP has a strategic plan for capabilities to leverage, companies with constrained resources may need to weigh all the options. In this session, several customers facing this issue will share their questions and field the options with the help of SAP Regional Innovation Group (RIG) Planning Product Expert Sheldon Edelstein.
The format for Thursday, Aug. 6 at 11:30 a.m. CT will include:
Brief welcome and kickoff from ASUG
Discussion led by RIG Planning Product Expert Sheldon Edelstein from SAP
The discussion will focus on:
Migrating to SAP S/4HANA
Sharing of recent wins or successes, along with resources utilized
Gain visibility into the challenges and successes other SAP customers are experiencing, and acquire new ideas for real-world solutions.
If you are experiencing challenges and would like to lead your own case study, fill out the survey here.
Think Tank Insights:
- Analytics Cloud options:
- Rigid, but works
- Doesn't connect you to new databases (No Fiori)
- What is the difference with BPC 10.1?
- There is a 10.1 for NetWeaver and S/4HANA
- With the embedded version you can have both models
- BPC has two hats
- Planning and consolidation
- The recommended process for consolidation is group reporting
- You cn visualize consolidatied reports
- Group reporting has the capability of Matrix planning
- Can do real-time derivation of characteristics
- Migrating to S/4 1809 - how does S/4 system and SAC stay in sync?
- SAP Analytics Cloud is a managed application so you would not need to manage yourself.
- But moving from ECC to 1809 - that is a large scale move that will need a project in itself to make appropriate connections
- Is the changing of SAC going to force mini upgrades?
- Will remain compatible with future releases.
Think Tank Links:
Don't forget to register for the ASUG Best Practices: SAP for Industries fall conference Sept. 21- 25 here: https://www.asug.com/events/asug-best-practices-sap-for-industries