Recent digital transformation initiatives in the oil and gas sector have made corporations assess how evolving technologies will contribute to reshaping their operational landscape. As a proactive organization, Sempra LNG (SLNG) aims to be at the forefront of this journey. In collaboration with Ernst & Young (EY), a women-led supply management team developed and began executing a digital transformation roadmap containing a strong repertoire of strategic initiatives in support of significant growth goals and a desire to enhance maturity. Driven to change manual processes, extraneous approval layers/handoffs, and poor user experiences, SLNG partnered with EY to transform using SAP Ariba Sourcing.
In this session, we will discuss how the SLNG and EY teams laid out a strong, transformative roadmap anchored in process design before embarking on their goal to implement an electronic, template-based approach to strategic sourcing in order to maximize the value delivered throughout the organization.
- Seamless teaming across the enterprise (i.e., business, IT, customers) and partners (EY & SAP) with a focus on developing a dedicated, collaborative, and engaged OneTeam approach.
- Developing a roadmap and detailed process design, approved and tested prior to implementing the system. A curated approach to gathering requirements, configuration, and testing are critical to a successful implementation.
- Practical and proactive change management to engage supply management SMEs and business unit representatives to ensure successful adoption.
- Bo Rogers, Procurement Operations Manager, Procurement Operations Manager
- Sarah Matthews, Principal, Ernst & Young LLP