Once again, ASUG is joining with SAP to provide technology-based education for SAP TechEd Las Vegas 2019. For the fifteenth year in a row, ASUG will provide its customer volunteer-driven content, which includes real-world insights from other SAP customers and partners just like you.
SAP TechEd is not about marketing messages, but what the products can do. Companies are faced with questions about migrations to SAP S/4HANA, digital transformation, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation (RPA), and Qualtrics XM, all while keeping the lights on at the same time. What should companies do? SAP TechEd Las Vegas, held Sept. 24–27, helps you answer that question.
The ASUG Touch
ASUG’s focus will be on helping you find solutions to your business challenges. Take a look at the session catalog and see what you can learn from your peers about moving to the cloud, Qualtrics XM, SAP S/4HANA, hybrid solutions, and much more.
Here are some reasons you should consider attending:
- Jump start your event with an ASUG Pre-Conference Seminar on Monday, Sept. 23. Consider attending the “Hands-On with SAP Analytics Cloud: Professionally Designed Dashboards and Self-Service Business Intelligence” seminar. This is a great opportunity to extend your network by connecting with peers and other experts who will be sharing their inside expertise and best practices for solving problems.
- Learn about ASUG Communities. ASUG provides a space for you to network, educate, and influence. Take advantage of the year-round education opportunities ASUG offers as it is dedicated to the advancement, understanding, and getting the most from your SAP products. Learn more in the ASUG Hub on the show floor.
- Explore the full array of SAP solutions in one location. Visit the exhibition floor for demos, expert question and answer discussions, and to meet our partners.
- Network with your peers. Bring your business cards because there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange them with your peers. When doing so, write one sentence on the back of the card of the person you just met so that you’ll have a reference point about your conversation when you get home.
- Influence SAP in person. Several ASUG Influence Councils will be meeting in education sessions. Last year an SAP development request was created the same day as the result of an ASUG Influence Council session from that morning.
Your Peers Have Experienced It, Too
There will be several sessions to choose from during the conference. ASUG had its hand in curating more than 80 of them. You’ll have your pick of tracks to focus on, but here are some of the customer stories you may find interesting.
- ASUG member and SAP customer Nike will share how all the cool kids are using Python and building machine learning and even chess-playing programs in, “ABAP and the Need to Know Python.”
- Hear from the University of California, San Diego in “AI-Driven Business: Making the Dream a Reality.” Learn how the data and data warehouse of the future is changing, how we are capturing events in near-real time to manage risk, and how we are planning to embed machine learning everywhere.
- Learn from Benjamin Moore in “Benjamin Moore: Modern Data Warehousing for Visual and Predictive Analytics,” where data scientists from the company will discuss how they visualize data, predict what will happen next, and optimize strategic decision-making.
- See how “Boston University Accelerates Development of SAP Fiori with Design Thinking.” Attendees will hear key tips and lessons learned as a road map for consistently delivering an amazing user experience.
- Hear from The Interpublic Group (IPG) on its “Data Integration and Analytics Using of SAP HANA and SAP Cloud Platform” journey. Presenters will go over the technical architecture and the solution design while sharing their lessons learned.
I’ve highlighted just a few of the sessions you may want to consider, but you should certainty take a look at the agenda and choose ones that match up to your needs. You will gain the knowledge, skills, and professional network to take advantage of SAP technology and become a “best-run” business. If you still want to know more about the value of attending SAP TechEd, register for this ASUG on-demand webcast, “Sneak Peek into SAP TechEd Las Vegas: Trends and Topics."
I asked SAP Mentor alumnus Michelle Crapo why someone should go to both ASUG Pre-Conference Seminars and the ASUG sessions and she said, “ASUG sessions present things you can use immediately. I want to bring one thing back and use it. I find that in the ASUG-run sessions.”
Register for one of the nine full-day or two half-day ASUG Pre-Conference Seminars taking place on Sept. 23 at SAP TechEd Las Vegas. ASUG members receive $100 off their ASUG Pre-Conference Seminar registration. Start building your agenda with ASUG-led sessions today. Additionally, we welcome all ASUG members to submit their ideas for blog posts they want to write.