Learn how KBR overcame technical and financial challenges as it reduced the TCO of its SAP solution by migrating to the cloud. In this session, the company highlights its cost-and-benefit analysis model, which drove the migration initiative. You will:
Walk through key considerations in the development of a comprehensive cost-and-benefit analysis for an SAP cloud solution.
Explore how to evaluate and select your cloud-hosting vendor.
Learn how to balance between continual maintenance projects and upgrades with SAP while moving to a cloud environment.
Reduced TCO by 25%
Reduced month-end processing time by 50%
Reduced payroll processing time by 25%
- 2:55 – Speaker introduction
- 4:05 – Agenda overview
- 5:30 – About KBR and its use of SAP
- 7:20 – Unique challenges of running SAP and a changing business climate
- 10:00 – Overview of the RFP process for SAP Cloud Migration
- 14:20 – Cost analysis: cost components considered and 5-year TCO comparison summary
- 18:10 – RFP component
- 21:20 – Vendor response score card and bid award
- 23:40 – Migration to the cloud: start with the right contract
- 26:45 – Security considerations
- 27:30 – Business continuity plans
- 30:30 – Technical approach: data conversion strategy, environment location, and network topology
- 34:50 – Program-level organizational change management and quality assurance
- 38:00 – Benefits of cloud migration
- 40:20 – Q&A
- Shishir Kulkarni, Senior IT Manager, KBR