No time is ever a good time for an IT transformation project. The time is certainly never good when that IT project involves a massive change to your core ERP systems. Migrating from ECC to S/4HANA is viewed by some to be as significant as when customers changed from 4.6C to ECC or from R/2 to R/3 (for those of you who remember R/2). For those brave enough—and those who have the budget—to execute such a project, the common key decision is whether to go greenfield or brownfield. The next decision is usually timing, particularly for companies actively reorganizing and growing via acquisition. SAP S/4HANA, however, adds additional questions to the list. Which prerequisite projects need to be done, and in which order? Where will I find SAP S/4HANA resources? Should I consolidate my current SAP systems into one system (or two systems) before migrating to SAP S/4HANA, or should I do it afterward? Add these and other questions to the growing intolerance for system downtime in a 24x7 global marketplace, and you have the potential for inertia. This session will explore options and considerations that, in prior years, were only known to a select few companies. These factors need to be at the forefront of your strategy so you can start your digital transformation journey with confidence.
- How are global market dynamics requiring you to transform your business now?
- What typically contributes to extended migration/transformation timelines?
- What options are now available to accelerate transformation?
- Ask the Expert Session: Understanding the pros and cons of various migration approaches and how they should factor into your transformation strategy and roadmap
- Darren Shaw, North America Cloud Business Leader, SNP