Learn how Varian Medical Systems, Inc. successfully migrated its legacy landscape based on SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA to SAP S/4HANA 1709. This session covers best practices for SAP S/4HANA system conversion (brownfield migration) and challenges faced during the migration, such as custom code, master data cleanup, and more.
- Understand Varian’s need for migration and transformation.
- Hear reasons and results for using the brownfield approach.
- Learn about Varian’s master data cleanup, custom code lifecycle management, and UI strategy.
Nagarajan Nallaiah, Manager – Technology, Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Liji Mathew, Sr Basis Administrator, Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- About Varian- 3:10
- SAP S/4HANA Business Case Drivers- 7:26
- SAP S/4HANA Migration: The Business Imperatives- 11:08
- Why the Brownfield Approach?- 13:14
- Master Data Clean Up- 15:50
- Custom Code Lifecycle Mgt- 18:10
- Business Process Change Impact- 21:45
- Dealing with Third Party Interfaces and Batch Jobs- 24:40
- UI Strategy on SAP S/4HANA and Experience with Fiori- 26:45
- SAP S/4HANA Conversion and Migration- 30:50
- Migration Timeline- 36:20
- Overall Summary- 38:17