With many industry changes and challenges occurring, it is important to continue to come together to learn.
Join us on April 27 for our ASUG Express: Utilities Insights 2021 virtual event to gain access to SAP utility experts, build new industry connections, and learn about cutting-edge solutions that will help you enhance your existing enterprise. We will also help you gain a better understanding of how you can “sweat your existing SAP assets,” drive more value, and reduce costs. We will also share key insights from the 2020 ASUG Best Practices: SAP Industry virtual event that included a focus on utilities.
Key topics that we will cover include:
- With transformation happening with the utility industry, learn how you can prepare for the future.
- Get the latest updates from SAP’s utility industry business unit.
- Learn about RISE with SAP and what utility customers need to know.
- Hear utility customer stories of transition and value.
- Gain key Insights from last year’s ASUG Best Practices: SAP for Industries.
- Extract more value and reduce costs from your SAP investment.
How Utilities Can Drive Smarter Cities
An energy revolution is underway. In addition to an acceleration in renewable energy adoption, a new generation of home and business owners are demanding greater control over their energy management and a deeper understanding of its use. Fueled by new and lower-cost technologies, smart grid, data networks, and analytics, a new future of energy generation and use is ahead. It's all part of the prospect of a smarter and more sustainable future in the world's urban areas. Dr. Reichental's talk provides an overview of these dynamics and their intersection with the future of cities.
Using SAP for Utilities - A Strategy for the Intelligent Utility
Utilities are facing challenges from many different directions: from the emerging prosumer to the impact of decarbonization on energy supply and grid management, and from digitalization and its increased security threads to market and regulatory changes. Meeting those challenges, transforming the utility to thrive in this environment requires clear strategic priorities and the right set of solutions to support this journey. Learn in this session what impacts we see on utilities and what SAP can offer you to master them.
How Leading Utilities Are Plugging in AI-Powered Testing to Improve Customer Experience and Speed Innovation
In this session, AGL Energy will share how they are powering their $300 million Customer Experience transformation project by:
- Shrinking SAP testing times through automation
- Accelerating SAP updates from quarterly to monthly and even daily releases
- Adopting tools to integrate SAP testing into their CI/CD pipelines
Fireside Chat with AES on Their SAP S/4HANA Journey and RISE with SAP
Join us for a sit-down conversation with Alejandro Reyes from AES Corporation and Bhagya Subbareddy from SAP, and learn more about AES’ journey to cloud leveraging RISE with SAP offerings and SAP S/4HANA.
Why Nebraska Public Power District Decided This Year Was the Time to Move to SAP S/4 HANA
NPPD is taking action on its initiatives to simplify, standardize, and innovate by moving its SAP ERP and ISU to SAP S/4HANA. Join this session to hear about its transformation journey and the key decisions made along the way, including:
- NPPD's three-stage road map
- Business and IT collaboration
- Key driver that influenced the move to the cloud
- Lessons learned along the way
CISO to CISO: The 5 W’s for Successful & Secure SAP Transformations
SAP transformations can help you extract more value and reduce costs from your SAP investments, but for them to be successful, organizations must address security from the start. Join the former CISO of Southern California Edison, Glenn Haddox, and the former CISO of Fossil, Jason Fruge, as they discuss the who, what, when, where, why, and how regarding securing SAP transformations. Learn from their firsthand experiences with building SAP cybersecurity programs to protect their critical systems - what events to prepare for when approaching the board, how to evaluate partners, and what challenges they faced so you can avoid them.
You’ll walk away with a checklist for successful SAP transformations, including:
- Essential items and areas to budget for
- Best practices to follow and how to build a cybersecurity program for SAP
- Compliance implications, particularly SOX and how to implement controls
- Tests to perform before going live and firsthand “lessons learned.”
- What you need to know about SAP RISE and how it affects utility customers
As an attendee, you will have opportunities to provide feedback and ask questions throughout the event. Please take advantage of this chance to engage with us during this dialogue.
If you have a success story to share, a nonmember who would like to register, or are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Larry Peterson, Energy & Utilities, Enterprise Applications Leader, Global Business Services, IBM
- Dr. Johnathan Reichental, Founder, Author and Professor
- Alejandro Reyes, Information Technology Project Director, AES
- Bhagya Subbareddy, Vice President of Business Process Intelligence, SAP
- Robyn Tweedy, VP and CIO, Nebraska Public Power District
- Stefan Wolf, Global Vice President GTM Execution, Utilities, SAP
- Paul Kurchina, Connector, Community Builder, and ASUG Evangelist, ASUG