We will outline the impact of our SAP HANA migration project on the City of San Diego’s user experience, SAP Basis and SAP Security, ABAP, and BI technology and production support. We will share the prerequisites for the database migration as well as its relevance for a two-step SAP S/4HANA conversion.
- The city’s experience in adopting SAP HANA technology can help decision-makers estimate the impact on their own IT landscape and organization.
- Customers required to execute a two-step S/4HANA conversion will benefit from our experience report migrating from SQL server to HANA database.
- Learn how the daily operation is impacted.
- Gain the know-how necessary for SAP Basis and SAP Security, ABAP, and BI.
- 3:00 – Speaker introduction
- 4:15 – Key outcomes, objectives, and agenda overview
- 5:20 – Information on the City of San Diego and their SAP Structure
- 7:30 – Strategic direction
- 12:30 – The SAP HANA 1.0 migration project
- 16:50 – Implementation and build phase
- 26:50 – Pre/post go-live changes and impact
- 41:30 – Migration to SAP HANA 2.0
- 49:15 – Conclusion and Q&A
- Stefan Grundmann, Program Manager / SAP ERP Development Lead, City of San Diego
- Stephen Guile, SAP Development Manager, City of San Diego